Application Process For Sophomores For Their Junior Year
If you're currently a Sophomore in High School, and you want to sharpen your leadership skills by learning more about your community and what makes it tick, you could be one of 30 High School students valley wide that will be selected to participate in the program.
Selection Will Be Based On:
- Your Interests & Involvement
- Your Interest In Leadership
- Your Interest In Service
Students selected for the program will be attending monthly day long events where you will meet community leaders as well as develop friendships with students from other High Schools. Each event day is a “school sponsored absence”. The program begins in September and runs through May.
Comments From LOT Graduates...
- “I’ve become part of the community.”
- “I feel more confident.”
- “It’s inspired me to get involved.”
- “It was a lot of fun and I met top leaders in the Flathead Valley.”
- “It changed my life for the better.”
Here’s What You’ll Learn - Leadership Skills & Community Engagement
The program runs for 2 years with the second year having a heavy emphasis on developing community service projects and job shadowing for youth throughout Flathead Valley.
During the Leadership sessions, you will gain valuable knowledge about your community through tours, panels, and demonstrations on:
- Arts, Culture, Media
- Business & Industry
- City/County Government
- Disaster & Emergency Services
- Fitness & Health Care
- Job Shadowing
- Law Enforcement
- Volunteer & Civic Engagement
- State Govt (Includes Helena Trip)
- Sponsored By Flathead Electric Cooperative
The student fee is $50 for each year.
Return your application to: Leaders of Tomorrow
P.O. Box 7217 - Kalispell, MT 59904.
Questions: Please Call 752-7266
Click here for a printable Application.